Thursday 6 October 2011

I've never been a fan of Apple but I can see why many people are, and I can

I've never been a fan of Apple but I can see why many people are, and I can appreciate the impact Steve Jobs has had on the computer and broader consumer electronics industries. He was undeniably a huge figure and will be missed by many.

A couple of things strike me about the announcement of his death;

1. The emotional outpouring from people who never knew him, but felt like they did, is reminiscent of the impact Princess Diana's death had on many people. I didn't really understand it then and I still don't.

2. Ever the showman and with impeccable timing Steve Jobs has instantly silenced all the criticism over the iPhone 4S announcement. Nicely done.

Putting my, probably irrational, Apple prejudice to one-side I want to add my voice to the thousands of others to mark the passing of a truly inspirational figure-head.

Reboot.

No comments: